Rockpool Bar & Grill, Rosetta, Spice Temple and Saké support Negroni Week
Thursday, 23 May 2019: Rockpool Dining Group’s Melbourne restaurants have taken the classic Negroni to the next level, each putting their own unique spin on the famous Italian cocktail for the annual fundraising event, Negroni Week, which runs during the last week of June.
From Monday 24 June to Sunday, 30 June Rockpool Bar & Grill, Rosetta Ristorante, Spice Temple and Saké Restaurant & Bar will each offer a unique Negroni menu featuring their own rendition of a classic Negroni, as well as several variations that are available for the week.
The restaurants will donate $2 from each of these aperitives sold during Negroni Week to OzHarvest, which diverts waste food from the hospitality industry to people in need.
Rockpool Bar & Grill Bar Manager Jamie Gibbs has created a Negroni quartet (each $25):
- Classic Negroni: Four Pillars Bartender gin, Campari, Tenuta Tamburnin vermouth
- Count of Montenegro: Tanqueray, Campari, Amaro Montenegro, chocolate bitters
- Count Black: Tanqueray, Campari, Tenuta Tamburnin vermouth, Mr Black Coffee Liqueur
- Boulevardier: Woodford whiskey, Campari, Tenuta Tamburnin vermouth
Rosetta Ristorante Bar Manager Jacob Dykes’ ode to the Negroni comes in three styles (each $25):
- Classic Negroni: Tanqueray, Tenuta Tamburnin vermouth, Campari
- Coconut Negroni: Tanqueray, Campari, Tenuta Tamburnin vermouth infused with toasted coconut and washed with coconut oil
- Rose Negroni: Tanqueray, Tenuta Tamburnin vermouth and Aperol infused with rose petals
Spice Temple Bar Manager Conor Whale has created three Negronis (each $25):
- Classic Negroni: Campari, sweet vermouth and Tanqueray
- White Negroni: Tanqueray, Suze, Lillet Blanc
- Bubbly Negroni: Campari, sweet vermouth and Chandon Rockpool Cuvée
Saké Bar Manager Matt Shaw has brought Saké’s signature, super-fusion style to his creations (each $22):
- Classic Negroni: Campari, Tanqueray, Cinzano Rosso
- Chocolate Negroni: Campari, Vok WhiteCrème De Cacao, Roku gin, Cinzano Rosso, orange bitters
- Misogroni: Campari, Choya Kokuto Umeshu, Kirinzan Blue sake
- Old Samurai: Campari, Suntory Chita Whisky, Cinzano Dry, Peychaud’s Bitters
- Megroni: Patrón Reposado, Campari, Aperol, Cinzano Rosso
Rockpool Dining Group Beverage Director Ali Toghani said each bar manager and their teams had upped their Negroni game, explored novel ingredients and created some wonderful and refreshingly unique Negronis.
“The Negroni is perfect as it is, made from three equal parts of gin, sweet vermouth, and Campari, however there is always room for creative licence, experimentation and innovation.”
“Our Melbourne guests, OzHarvest and the individuals that are supported by this exceptional charity will be the beneficiaries of that creativity.”