Rockpool Dining Group restaurants put a modern riff on the classic Negroni
Tuesday, 29 May 2018: Rockpool Dining Group restaurants and bars have added their own distinct notes to the bittersweet symphony that defines the classic negroni, in support of local charity OzHarvest during Negroni Week.
From Monday, 4 June to Sunday, 10 June all restaurants participating in Negroni Week donate $1 from every negroni sold to a partner charity.
Rockpool Dining Group National Bar Manager Ryan Gavin said the classic negroni, which comprises equal parts Campari, gin and sweet vermouth: “is perfect in every way, but that doesn’t mean we can’t out our own riff on it every now and then.”
“It’s a flexible and fun cocktail to play around with and it feels good to support a local charity, too.”
Rosetta Ristorante, Spice Temple, Rockpool Bar & Grill and The Cut Bar & Grill in Sydney have added special negronis ($22) to their menus.
- White Negroni: gin, Suze and white vermouth
- Stinger Negroni: cognac, sweet vermouth, Campari, creme de menthe
- Salted Plum Negroni: Four Pillars Rockpool Bartenders Series gin, sweet vermouth, Campari, salted plum
Rockpool Bar & Grill
- Italicus Negroni: Campari, gin and botanical notes of Italicus Bergamot Liqueur
The Cut Bar & Grill
- Smoked Negroni: gin, sweet vermouth alla vanigllia, Campari, smoke
Meanwhile, dedicated Italophiles can indulge in a signature negroni ($14) on tap at all eight Fratelli Fresh restaurants in Sydney, which are $5 during the Monday to Friday happy hour from 4pm to 6pm.
In addition, the new flagship Fratelli Fresh at Darling Harbour showcases Australia’s first Campari Bar, which heroes six beautiful spritzes, local craft and Italian bottled beers, Australian and Italian wines and six twists on the iconic negroni ($14), all served on tap.
- Classic Negroni: combines Campari, Zinzana Rosso and Tanqueray
- White Negroni: a lighter spinoff, starring Suze, Cocchi and Tanqueray
- Oaxacan: with the magic of Vida Mezcal, Bianco vermouth and Tanqueray
- Left Hand: combines the sweet warm notes of Bullet Rye, Conzano Rosso and soda
- Lady in Red: marries Macchu Pisco, Campari and Cocchi
- Kingston: adds a tequila twist with Pampero Anejo, Cinzano Rosso and Campari
At all Fratelli restaurants guests can pair a negroni with any pizza, pasta, or a la carte option, or make the most of Fratelli’s generous $20 daily specials, including Bistecca sirloin with roasted potatoes on Mondays,
all-you-can-eat classic pizzas on Tuesdays, and $20 endless antipasti boards on Thursdays.
Fratelli Fresh Food & Beverage Director John Sullivan said: “Our Campari Bar at Fratelli Darling Harbour is the first of its kind in Australia, so what better place to enjoy a twist on the traditional cocktail during Negroni Week.”
Media inquiries: Rockpool Dining Group PR Manager Rachel Lebihan | [email protected] | 0438 701 573.